Friday, July 10, 2009

Did You Know?



Did you know that at two and a half, you can transform from "baby" to "big girl" within hours, or even minutes? I've recently found this out.

At this age if you refuse to sleep without your binky, it's ok because you are still a "baby". But when that sleep is up, you better believe said "baby" can become a "big girl" faster than you can say "Map!" or "Backpack!" if there's something he or she wants. Eliza is adamant that she is still a "tiny baby" when she wants that darn binky. She lets us know that it is ok because of this fact. However, if she wants candy, wants to watch a movie, listen to hip hop, use my camera, use scissors, use the phone, not use her stroller, or not sit in a grocery cart, instantly she is a "big girl".

"I don't WANT to go in my stroller! I can walk! I am a big girl!"
"I thought you were a tiny baby Eliza? You told me that before your nap so you could have your binky."
"Well, when it's time to go to sleep, I'm still a tiny baby. But right now I am a big girl so I want to walk!"

2 comments:

Auntie Maryann said...

haha I think Eliza is the only 2 year old who listens to hip hop! so cute!

Sue said...

Oooh, she's gonna give you a run for your money when she's 16!!!