Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New Hampshire Mini Vacation!








This past weekend we went to NH with Val, Martin, and the kiddos. On Saturday we spent the day at Story Land and the kids had a blast. Well, except for the occasional melt-downs while waiting in lines, and the few minor time-outs that were given. Eliza loved the antique cars, the swan boat ride, and seeing Cinderella! Though she wasn't so impressed with Cinderella's looks (see above post). She also LOVED seeing Mother Goose, the Big Bad Wolf, and Mr. McGregor's Garden. We had great weather for Story Land. On Sunday we went to Clarke's Trading Post on the way home. Eliza was very anxious about the train ride where you saw "Wolfman". This guy IS scary, so I can see her point. From the first second that Wolfman started yelling at the train and shooting his gun, she was petrified. She was screaming and crying and would not let me unblock her ears. She continued to yell "Let me off this train!" "Let me off this train!" "Don't open my ears!!!". Every time Wolfman started to come near the train, I had to have Andy give me a heads up about which side he was on so that I would force her head in the opposite direction. The poor kid was having panic attacks. When we got off the train she said that she didn't like it because "Wolfman just kept staring at me and blowing smoke in my face."

It was a busy, fun, and exhausting weekend!



4 comments:

Sue said...

Well, I must say I'm glad my kid isn't the only one who freaks out about waiting in line!
I've heard horror stories about "Wolfman" at Clarke's Trading Post. Do they warn you before you get on about it if you have kids??

Jackie Barrett said...

Wolfman is horrifying! I reacted like that when I was like 13! LOL

Emily said...

What a precious little face! I truly love that you and Andy snap pictures of her hysterically crying everytime she gets scared! Just like the fireworks incident! I don't think I was ever exposed to Wolfman as a child. I'd prefer to play with Chill, the penguin! :)

Brenda said...

hahah she definitely takes after TJ! She loved it last year, and then was terrified this year!